Deputy Chief of Party – USAID/ Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo
Tetra Tech International Development Services, (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for the USAID-funded Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The purpose of the Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, specifically, Ituri Province.
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the DCOP will lead a multidisciplinary team that ensures successful Activity implementation by providing technical guidance at the component level. S/he will ensure cohesiveness with the technical team and the necessary operational efficiencies required to implement sound technical strategies and achieve goals and supervise the planning, design, quality, and follow-up of technical activities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience in post-conflict and insecure contexts as well as proven experience to manage complex programs in a dynamic operating environment. Additionally, s/he should possess:
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, economics, business, agricultural or rural development;
* At least seven years of demonstrated experience in managing value chain, sustainable food systems, or agri-business projects, with experience in economic growth, trade, value chain or sustainable food systems development, competitiveness, or agricultural development programs, or natural resource governance is required. Direct experience working and managing USAID-funded programs in Eastern DRC strongly preferred; experience overseeing resilience initiatives a plus;
* Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/DCOPDRC
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.