Chief of Party – USAID/ Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for the USAID-funded Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The purpose of the Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, specifically, Ituri Province.
The COP will be responsible for the overall management of the Activity, ensuring a consistent technical approach implemented in line with the objectives and be responsible for reporting to USAID and act as the principal link between USAID, Tetra Tech and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience in post-conflict and insecure contexts as well as proven experience to manage complex programs in a dynamic operating environment. Additionally, s/he should possess:
* Post-graduate degree in a relevant field such as international development, economics, business, agricultural or rural development;
* At least ten years of demonstrated senior management experience in managing value chain or agri-business projects, with experience in economic growth, trade, or value chain development, competitiveness, or agricultural development programs is required. Direct experience working and managing programs in Eastern DRC is an advantage;
* Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, including a demonstrated ability to lead effective coordination across projects with key stakeholders
* Previous Chief of Party experience with USAID-funded programs strongly preferred; experience overseeing resilience initiatives a plus.
* DRC nationals and women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/ChiefofPartySLRDRC
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.