Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager – USAID/ Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager candidates for the USAID-funded Strengthening Livelihood and Resilience Activity in Democratic Republic of the Congo. The purpose of the Activity is to improve resilience capacities in vulnerable households and communities to enable people, households and communities to escape poverty and chronic vulnerability. This project will be implemented in the DRC Resilience Focus Zone, specifically, Ituri Province.
The MEL Manager will work with program staff and partners to coordinate the systematic and standardized collection, analysis, and interpretation of the project’s performance results. S/he will lead the baseline data collection process, develop the MEL plan, and perform other related monitoring and evaluation efforts for the Activity.
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective experience designing successful monitoring systems and data collection processes in post-conflict and insecure environments as well as proven experience to implement complex resilience programs in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. Additionally, s/he should possess:
* Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as international development, economics, business, agricultural or rural development;
* At least five years of demonstrated management experience in monitoring and evaluation. Experience monitoring and evaluating projects related to resilience, value chain or agri-business, sustainable food systems development, land formalization and titling, and market systems strongly preferred;
* Experience in Ituri, North Kivu, South Kivu and Tanganyika or similar context strongly preferred;
* Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
* Demonstrated ability to be collaborative across projects, flexible and creative;
* Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
* DRC nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted. Applications will be reviewed and considered as they are received.
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech's IDS ad posted.
Apply online at: http://bit.ly/MELDRC
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.