AFRIK INTERIM is recruiting for the below position.
Kindly apply by sending your resume and cover letter to [email protected] in Word format, by mentioning the job title in the subject.
I. Titre du poste : Internal Controller
Type d’entreprise : Industrie extrative
Lieu de prestation : Kinshasa
Type de contrat : CDI Effectif à recruter : 1
We are looking for a reliable Internal Controller to prepare statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines under the supervision of a controller. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
An effective controller has excellent knowledge of accounting principles. You must be organized professionals with a great eye for detail. You must be reliable and able to carry out tasks autonomously and collaboratively.
The goal is to contribute to keep the accounting and financial processes of the company up to standard and ensure accurate financial reporting and control. You will report to the country manager.
The internal controller’s primary responsibility is to ensure the long-term financial solvency of a company. This involves establishing budgets, overseeing and regulating corporate funds and accounts, forecasts preparation, and the development of internal control policies and procedures. Most corporate controllers have master’s degrees in accounting or business administration. In addition, many are certified public accountants (CPAs) or certified management accountants (CMAs), qualifying them to answer your toughest accounting questions.
• Support all aspects of accounting management (billing, tax forms, reporting etc.)
• Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislation and established best practices
• Prepare financial statements in compliance with official guidelines and requirements
• Manage journal entries, invoices etc. and reconcile accounts for the monthly or annual closing
• Assist in the preparation of budgets or forecasts
• Participate in preparation for the annual audit
• Help in development of reports for management or regulatory bodies
• Review the company’s accounting information to identify and resolve inaccuracies or imbalances
• Utilize accounting IT system to facilitate processes and maintain records
• Proven experience as assistant controller or other similar position
• Solid knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) and regulations
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
• Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
• Working knowledge of MS Office (especially excel) and accounting software (e.g. SAP)
• Well-organized with ability to prioritize
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
• BSc/BA in accounting, finance or relevant field is preferred
• Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus
Please apply by July 21, 2017