Internal Job Advertisement
Position : Manager: Staff Engagement & Internal Communication & Event planner
Group : Corporate Affairs
Division : Corporate Affairs
Location : Kinshasa
Band / Level : G / 4
Report to : Executive Head of Corporate Affairs
Date Posted : 17/08/2015
Closing Date : 31/08/2015
Email Address : [email protected]
Create and develop a variety of effective communication channels to engage with internal audiences across the business; / Créer et développer une variété de canaux de communication efficaces pour engager avec le public interne à l'échelle de l'entreprise
Build a corporate culture on values that drive organizational excellence;/ Construire une culture d'entreprise sur des valeurs qui animent l'excellence organisationnelle
Translate complex matters into clear messages that successfully inform and inspire employees and the business./ Traduire les questions complexes en messages clairs qui informent et inspirent succès employés et l'entreprise
Organize and manage the numerous internal communication channels from and to various audiences (management, middle management, permanent staff, agency staff, etc). Organiser et gérer les nombreux canaux de communication interne de et vers différents publics (dirigeants, cadres moyens, personnel permanent, personnel d'agence, etc.).
Form part of the lead for the execution of the organisations internal communication strategy,
Will be responsible for driving the Internal Communication agenda for all aspects of the group ensuring communication across the business to all stake-holding groups such as employees, union, management, new comers is aligned.
Contribute to building and maintaining the company's image and reputation.
Assist in any other business requirement form his/her line manager.
Other key accountabilities include:
· Primarily responsible of dissemination of information about corporate activities;
Build a shared understanding among employees about corporate goals.
Improve connectivity of the company's people and activities
Improve job satisfaction in collaboration with HR and other business units throughout the company.
Lead internal communication projects and initiatives, as required, engaging other business units, when necessary, to deliver successful outcome;
Coach and develop employees in effective communications as required, and ensure that appropriate messages are cascaded to employees in timely manner.
Developing communication strategies and campaigns to increase employee engagement;
Be comfortable with advising at senior levels as well as communicating with front line employees and everyone else in between;
Write and edit in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and monthly and annual reports;
Supervise events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
Produce materials in support of effective internal communications;
Develop, organise and administer staff events;
Manage and develop the company intranet.
· Establish feedback mechanisms/channels to open and facilitate communication from the leadership team to all staff and from all staff to the leadership team
· Produce employee publications in various formats as part of the internal communications suite of messaging
· Work on the internal communications implementation of change management programmes when applicable
· Regularly review and refresh overall employee communications approach and programme
· Create an on-going dialogue with staff on core messages
· Develop strong working relations with key Business Division Heads, including HoR and IT
Content Development and Management
· Create and deliver compelling messaging to engage people in championing company culture, vision, values and strategy
· Manage regular staff engagement channels, including updates, breakfasts, conferences, town hall events.
· Create relevant and timely content for the Intranet site and regular briefings
· Identify and utilize the most effective communication channels including face to face, conferences, meetings, print, email, digital and office-based TV screens, videos, posters, etc.
· Research appropriate communications and effectiveness measurement.
· Product and service PR : work closely with the Marketing Division and Commercial Division to promote company products and service to internal ambassadors and customers. Reinforce brand in all internal communications.
· Create and maintain internal and external employee branding
· Manage all internal communications across the business
· Define internal communication landscape and media channels to ensure effectiveness
· Work with internal stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment to core messages
Manage content and collateral to ensure a positive reputation across the workforce
Collect data and work with country HR division staff communications and staff engagement initiatives
· Organize employee engagement events
· Strong interpersonal, communication, project management and planning skills
· Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with senior level stakeholders
· Good influencing skills and ability to challenge constructively
· Commercially astute
· Strong verbal and writing skills
· An innovative and creative verbal and written communicator, able to present well and with confidence
· Able to act under pressure with grace and a sense of humour
· Creative and innovative in approach
· Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects
· Enhanced problem solving and decision making abilities
· High emotional intelligence
· Exemplary attention to detail
· Availability to travel and work out of working office hours when requested.
· Journalism Degree
· Business Management/ Law Degree
· Professional services experience ideally
· Minimum of 5 years’ internal communication experience
· Management experience
· Fluent in English
Please submit your application accompanied with concise CV to e-mail [email protected] BY INDICATING IMPERATIVELY THE JOB TITLE AS SUBJECT OF YOUR MAIL.
For queries, please contact HR Operations from 8.30 to 16.30 Monday to Friday.
Note: Only short listed candidates will be notified.